Are you tired of feeling overwhelmed by the never-ending tasks of cleaning and maintaining your home? Do you struggle with finding a simple and effective cleaning routine that fits your busy lifestyle? Look no further! The 6/10 Cleaning List is here to revolutionize your approach to housework.
Thousands of people all over the world have requested a copy of this 610 cleaning schedule, and for good reason – it’s easy to follow! At Fresh Home Cleaning we will explain to you how.
But… What is a 6/10 Cleaning List?
The 6/10 cleaning list is a simple yet effective approach created by a busy mom to help manage household chores efficiently. The daily six tasks are given top priority each day, allowing her to stay focused and put other tasks out of her mind temporarily. These daily tasks include making the beds, washing the dishes, scrubbing the sink, wiping the counters, vacuuming the house, and doing one load of laundry.
By prioritizing these six tasks in a 610 cleaning schedule, the overwhelming pressure of managing a household is reduced. It helps in stay focused on completing these essential tasks without getting overwhelmed by the never-ending list of chores. This approach is particularly beneficial for busy housekeepers who have limited time but need to maintain a clean and organized home.
In addition to the daily six, there are 10 weekly tasks that are also part of the 6/10 cleaning list. These tasks include wiping out the fridge and microwave, tidying the pantry, mopping the floors, and cleaning the bathrooms. These tasks are done on a weekly basis to ensure that the home remains well-maintained and tidy.
The benefits of the 610 cleaning schedule
Unlike other cleaning methods that require dedicated “zones” or time-consuming routines, the 610 cleaning schedule focuses on what’s most necessary to keep your home looking nice and running efficiently. It’s perfect for busy households that need a quick and manageable cleaning routine.
If you’re new to housework or feeling overwhelmed, you can start by dedicating just 2 or 3 items off the Daily 6 that you must complete each day, gradually adding more as you get comfortable. Soon enough, you’ll have a mastered routine that will make your home much more manageable and allow you to breeze through the list in no time.
So, if you’re ready to simplify your cleaning routine and regain control over your home, join the thousands who have already benefited from the 6/10 Cleaning List. Say goodbye to cleaning overwhelming and hello to a cleaner, more efficient home. Get ready to experience the magic of the 610 cleaning schedule!
For more cleaning tips and strategies, like the 610 cleaning schedule, be sure to check out Fresh Home Cleaning’s cleaning blog. Stay organized, efficient, and stress-free!
The Daily 6
- Make Beds: Making your bed is a simple and effective task that can set the tone for the day. It helps to create a sense of order and tidiness in your bedroom, instantly making it look cleaner and more put together. Smooth out the sheets, fluff the pillows, and arrange any throw pillows or cushions to give your bed a neat and inviting appearance.
- Wash Dishes: Keeping up with dishes on a daily basis is important to maintain a clean and functional kitchen. Wash all the dishes, utensils, and cookware used during the day, and put them away in their designated places. If you have a dishwasher, load it up and run it according to the manufacturer’s instructions. A clean and organized kitchen can help you prepare meals more efficiently and prevent unpleasant odors and pests.
- Scrub Sink: The sink is one of the most frequently used areas in the kitchen and can easily accumulate dirt, grime, and food residue. Take a few minutes each day to thoroughly scrub and clean your sink. Use a mild detergent, a sponge or cloth, and warm water to remove stains, soap scum, and any leftover food particles. Don’t forget to clean the faucet, handles, and drain as well. A sparkling clean sink adds to the overall cleanliness of your kitchen.
- Wipe Counters: Kitchen counters are another area that can quickly become cluttered and dirty. After cooking or preparing meals, wipe down your countertops with a damp cloth or a mild cleaning solution to remove crumbs, spills, and stains. Pay special attention to areas near the stove, sink, and food prep areas. Clean and clear countertops not only look better but also promote a healthy and hygienic kitchen environment.
- Vacuum Floors: Regularly vacuuming your floors is essential for keeping them clean and free of dirt, dust, and debris. Use a vacuum cleaner with appropriate attachments to clean all types of flooring in your home, including carpets, hardwood, tile, and laminate. Pay attention to high-traffic areas and corners where dirt tends to accumulate. Vacuuming not only keeps your floors looking clean but also helps to improve indoor air quality by removing allergens and pollutants.
- 1 Load of Laundry: Staying on top of your laundry is crucial to avoid a buildup of dirty clothes and maintain a tidy living space. Set a goal of doing at least one load of laundry per day, including washing, drying, folding, and putting away. Sort your laundry by color, fabric, and care instructions to prevent damage or discoloration. Keeping up with your laundry routine will help you have clean and fresh clothes ready to wear and avoid unnecessary clutter in your home.
The Weekly 10
- Wipe out fridge: Regularly wiping out the inside of your refrigerator helps to keep it clean and organized. Remove any expired or spoiled food items, and wipe down the shelves, drawers, and walls with a mild cleaning solution. Pay attention to any spills or stains and clean them thoroughly. This helps to prevent odors, maintain food freshness, and promote food safety.
- Wipe out microwave: The microwave can quickly accumulate food splatters and spills, which can create unpleasant odors and affect its performance. Wipe down the interior of the microwave with a damp cloth or sponge, and use a mild cleaning solution for stubborn stains. Don’t forget to clean the turntable, the control panel, and the exterior of the microwave to keep it looking clean and functioning properly.
- Tidy pantry: Keeping your pantry organized can save you time and help prevent food waste. Regularly go through your pantry and check for expired or unused items. Wipe down shelves, remove any crumbs or spills, and organize items in a neat and orderly manner. Consider using containers or baskets to keep similar items together and make it easier to find what you need.
- Mop floors: Mopping your floors regularly is essential for maintaining a clean and hygienic living space. Use a suitable mop and cleaning solution for your flooring type, whether it’s tile, hardwood, laminate, or vinyl. Pay extra attention to high-traffic areas, spills, and stains. Mopping helps to remove dirt, grime, and bacteria, leaving your floors looking clean and shiny.
- Clean bathrooms: Bathrooms are often high-traffic areas that require regular cleaning to maintain cleanliness and hygiene. Clean the toilet, sink, and countertops with appropriate cleaning products, and wipe down the mirrors, fixtures, and surfaces. Don’t forget to clean the shower or bathtub, including the tiles, grout, and glass doors. Regular bathroom cleaning helps to prevent the buildup of mold, mildew, and bacteria.
- Clean sink drains: Sink drains can easily become clogged with food debris, grease, and other substances. Regularly clean your sink drains using a drain cleaner or a mixture of baking soda and vinegar to help keep them clear and prevent unpleasant odors. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions and safety guidelines when using drain cleaners, and consider using drain covers or strainers to catch food particles and prevent clogs.
- Dust furniture: Dusting your furniture is important to maintain a clean and healthy indoor environment. Use a microfiber cloth or a duster to remove dust from surfaces such as tables, chairs, shelves, and entertainment centers. Don’t forget to dust less visible areas such as baseboards, corners, and behind furniture. Regular dusting helps to reduce allergens, improve air quality, and keep your furniture looking clean and well-maintained.
- Wash bedding: Keeping your bedding clean is essential for a good night’s sleep and overall hygiene. Wash your sheets, pillowcases, and blankets regularly according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Use a suitable detergent and water temperature for your bedding type, and dry them thoroughly. Don’t forget to rotate and flip your mattress regularly to prolong its lifespan and prevent uneven wear.
- Tidy car: A tidy car not only looks better but also makes for a more pleasant driving experience. Regularly remove the trash, clutter, and unnecessary items from your car. Vacuum the seats, carpets, and floor mats, and wipe down the interior surfaces, including the dashboard, console, and windows. Don’t forget to clean the exterior, including the windows, mirrors, and wheels, to keep your car looking clean and well-maintained.
- Clean pets’ bowls: If you have pets, it’s important to keep their bowls clean to ensure their health and well-being. Wash your pets’ food and water bowls daily with hot, soapy water, and rinse them thoroughly. Pay attention to any food residue or slimy buildup, and use a brush or sponge to remove them. Dry the bowls completely before refilling them with fresh food and water. Regular cleaning of pets’ bowls helps to prevent the growth of harmful bacteria and keeps your pets’ food and water clean and safe for consumption.
However, the 610 cleaning schedule can be overwhelming. Let us take care of the cleaning so you can enjoy more free time – schedule with Fresh Home Cleaning today!
- Scrub Showers: Give your showers a thorough scrubbing once a month to remove soap scum, mold, and mildew. Use a bathroom cleaner or a mixture of water and vinegar to clean the tiles, grout, showerhead, and fixtures. Rinse thoroughly and wipe dry to prevent water spots.
- Deep Clean Appliances: Take the time to deep clean your appliances, such as the oven, refrigerator, and dishwasher, on a monthly basis. Remove any food debris, grease, or stains from the surfaces, and clean the interior and exterior thoroughly. Check and clean the filters in your appliances as well for optimal performance.
- Clean out Garage: Keep your garage organized and tidy by cleaning it out monthly. Sweep or vacuum the floor, wipe down surfaces, and declutter any items that are no longer needed. Regular garage cleaning helps to prevent clutter buildup and ensures that your garage remains a functional and safe space.
- Vacuum out Vehicles: If you have vehicles parked in your garage, make sure to vacuum them out monthly to remove dirt, dust, and debris. Pay attention to the seats, carpets, and floor mats, and use a handheld vacuum or a shop vacuum to clean hard-to-reach areas. Regular vehicle cleaning helps to maintain a clean and pleasant environment inside your cars.
- Wipe Baseboards/Doors: Baseboards and doors can accumulate dust and dirt over time. Monthly, take the time to wipe down your baseboards and doors with a damp cloth or a mild cleaner to remove any buildup. Pay attention to corners, edges, and crevices for a thorough cleaning.
- Clean Fans & Lights: Dust and dirt can accumulate on ceiling fans and light fixtures, affecting their performance and appearance. Monthly, use a duster or a damp cloth to clean your fans, light fixtures, and lampshades. Be sure to turn off the power before cleaning any electrical fixtures and bulbs.
- Clean Windows: Clean your windows on a monthly basis to keep them sparkling and clear. Use a window cleaner or a mixture of water and vinegar to clean the glass, frames, and sills. Wipe dry with a clean cloth or a squeegee for streak-free results.
- Clean Furniture: Upholstered furniture can collect dust, crumbs, and pet hair over time. Monthly, use a vacuum or a lint roller to clean your furniture, including sofas, chairs, and cushions. For leather or wood furniture, use appropriate cleaners and polish to maintain their condition.
- Change Air Filter: Replace your HVAC air filter monthly to ensure clean air circulation in your home. A dirty air filter can decrease indoor air quality and affect the efficiency of your HVAC system. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for proper filter replacement.
- Wipe down Cabinets: Wipe down your kitchen and bathroom cabinets on a monthly basis to remove grease, fingerprints, and spills. Use a mild cleaner or a mixture of water and dish soap, and wipe dry with a clean cloth. Pay attention to handles, knobs, and edges for a thorough cleaning.
With the 6/10 Cleaning Method, you now have the ultimate checklist for a successful cleaning strategy. By breaking down your cleaning tasks into daily, monthly, and quarterly categories, you can effectively manage your cleaning routine and maintain a clean and organized home.
However, we do not always have the time to implement a cleaning routine, even the 610 cleaning schedule. Don’t let cleaning take up your valuable time – trust Fresh Home Cleaning to handle it for you!